Reference Number: 050412 OHRA
Position: Optical Engineer
Experience: 5+ years
Seeking an experienced Optical Engineer to develop proprietary, advanced lighting, display and other optical products. This person will work within the R&D Product and Process Development group to create new optical structures and concepts which improve companys’ proprietary position in LED display lighting and the rapidly growing LED general illumination market. Team member will be supporting new product designs for licensees working with other optical engineers to develop next generation optics. The candidate must be creative with a proven track record of invention, have excellent problem solving skills, the ability to work on multiple projects, and have excellent communication skills. Minimum of a M.S. (preferably Ph.D.) degree in Engineering Physics, or Optical Science, required, with 5+ years of relevant experience in advanced optical design. Must be able to use 3D Solid Modeling software (Solidworks preferred), optical modeling software (Light tools preferred) and skilled in the use of Office /Project Management software (Word, Excel, MS Project, etc.). Ability to program in VB or other similar software is preferred.
• Responsibility for designing new optical structures, geometries, and visual lighting effects
• Support optical patterning to develop new techniques and increase throughput and capacity in this area.
• Transfer any new optical technology and developments to Product Engineering group
• Interface with Strategic IP staff when necessary
• Support senior R&D Optical Engineers with new design concepts, optical testing, lab microscopy, report generation, etc.